Friday, March 12, 2010

More Amazing Recounts...

Zara and Texas have written great recounts about out school triathlon. We especially liked the way they have used personal voice so the reader knows exactly how they are feeling.
Zara's Recount...

On Tuesday I competed in the Triathlon /Duathlon. Here I am waiting for the year 4 girls to start the swimming part of the Triathlon. One part of me was nervous and the other part of me excited. Finally we were up, suddenly my nerves vanished and my excitement was at full strength. I hopped in the pool and shivered. I decided to do backstroke. The starting blocks went and I was off! I zoomed to the middle of the pool but at that moment I was smacked in the face by a hand. I stood up and tears filled my eyes (it really hurt). I panicked and knew I would never win. Then I started up again and kept going, I was a bit proud of myself. I got out of the pool, my togs were dripping wet and I flicked my goggles off my face as I jogged to the gate. Next I grabbed my bike and rode. My feet hurt because my pedals were sharp and pointy. I got round a corner and past someone and …WOW that was quick I was already at the transition area for the run! The teachers took my bike and I started the run. As I was running my friend cheered me on. Just as I felt I would never finish, I did! I jogged to the winner’s table and finished. I felt so glad to finish, it was like a dream come true.


Texas' Recount...

Team Tauhara’s Triathlon
On Tuesday, Team Tauhara competed in the triathlon. When I got into the pool I was extremely nervous but as I started swimming I felt confident. As soon as I came up for air all I heard was “Go Texas”, I know other people were cheering for their friends but ‘Go Texas” was the loudest cheer. As one of my hands touched the other side of the pool, I ran for the ladder, got out of the pool and started to zoom. I was excited. When I reached the court I passed someone – that felt good! As soon as one of my feet touched the bottom field I started sprinting, legs pumping, my heart was nearly beating out of my chest but that did not stop me from trying to win. As I went down the chute I was relieved that I had come second, I was not first but it is better than coming last. It was the best triathlon ever.

No comments: